How we do Logos.
Much more than a banner, flag or one dimensional signage can achieve....
Applying logos to a "complex curve" and maintaining design integrity, takes practice.
We use the client's logo file (vectored .ai or .eps format for accuracy) and scale to fit the chosen envelope's diameter: say 1.6m, a very popular Airstar size.
The logos are produced by "vinyl cutting". Most are done in our workshop but when there is colour gradient, they are digitally produced, generally a more expensive execution.
Prior to production and application we supply a "mock-up" for approval.
Logos are applied only to the white envelope. When using coloured jackets, a black logo applied to the white envelope, over which the jacket is placed, is the most effective.
Some designs are more complex and take more time to apply: costs reflect this and the size of the logo.
After each rental project, the logos are stripped from the envelope and bare skin awaits the next job.
(Ownership of the envelope with the logo does not pass to the client).
How many logos?
The Airstar light is a sphere and so has 360 degree potential visibility.
Positioning and sight lines will impact logo placement.
For complete coverage, 3 logo positions per light is ideal, equally spaced around the sphere.
A common execution is 2 logo positions - at "12 o'clock" and "6 o'clock".
One logo position can also work well.
We can help with recommendations for logos and also for light positioning, height placement and the number of lights in a particular venue or space.
We advise deadlines based on complexity and quantity.
when we can, we work to fit with TIGHT turn-arounds.
- Size and complexity determine cost.
- Single line, black positive text is cheapest.
- Positive logos (text and/or graphics) use solid colour/s on the white background (the envelope).
- Multiple lines and colours increase cost.
- Negative text logos are more expensive.
This is where text/symbols are in relief compared to the white background.
- Some logos have a mix of positive and negative elements.
- Colour graduation -> digital print, most expensive and slightly longer lead-time.
- Client to supply vectored .ai or .eps file format for accuracy in quoting and printing.
- We scale to suit the diameter of the light being used and to account for the distortion issues that a sphere presents.
- We do not apply logos to our coloured jackets (they mark the jacket).
- Lead-times vary but we will advise latest.